Dec 14, 2012

Company Celebrations Across Borders

Birthdays Are Extra Special When Celebrated Globally

Written by: Diane Wagner (from RPA's Los Angeles Regional Headquarters Office)


Many times, people ask me what it’s like to work for a Japanese-owned company which has offices around the globe.  I have to say that it’s definitely one of the best things about working here for me – every day I learn something new it seems about Japanese and/or other Asian cultures.

Recently, in fact, on my birthday, it was awesome to work here!  Why?  Because birthdays are celebrated both locally – and globally – at RPA.

A Perfect Birthday Card: Animal Print Shoes
How?  Well, first, my colleague, Rie, surprised me with an amazing pie from Clementine’s here in LA next to our Century City office.  Clementine’s can do no wrong in my mind and their banana crème pie did not disappoint.  Then, she had another of my colleagues on Skype to sing “Happy Birthday” while handing me a birthday card which included photos of our team from around the world … can’t say I’ve ever had a global celebration for my birthday before!

From the Japan Team (modeling after my Linked In photo!)
From the Korea Team
From our Operations Team in Manila
Thank you Team RPA! Even though we're oceans apart, it feels like we're all right here together.





1 comment:

  1. These days, it's so important to have that "Global touch" and RPA certainly has that. It's great to work with people around the world and, more importantly, to learn from them! Thanks Diane for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete